Lake Country Power Les Beach Memorial Scholarship
The leadership of the Lake Country Power Electric Trust recognizes the value of scholarships for the rural students pursuing specialized Electrical Line Worker AAS degrees in Minnesota technical or community colleges located outside the cooperative’s service territory.
The Lake Country Power Les Beach Community and Technical College Line Worker scholarship program is intended to assist qualified students enrolled in post-secondary education who demonstrate a core co-op principle: commitment to community.
- Applicant must be a qualified student enrolled in a Minnesota Line Worker school
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Provide a 250-word essay referencing goals and future plans and demonstrate why he/she should receive the award and provide other relevant information that would benefit his/her selection.
- Demonstrates commitment to community through active involvement in civic affairs or volunteerism in community organizations or programs that enhance the quality of life for the citizens of our region.
- It is preferred, but not essential that the student or his/her parent or guardian is a member of the Lake Country Power electric cooperative.
Equal Opportunity: Recipients will be selected without regard of gender, race, age, religion, color or national origin.